V.I.E - Assistant(e) Marketing & Communication
400 1st Avenue, Needham, Massachusetts, United States
8 November 2019
4 November 2021
At TripAdvisor, the only thing we love more than travel is data. We slice it, we dice it, and we use it to empower our decision making.
The Flights & Rental Cars Analytics team is seeking a Data Analyst to join our all-star team dedicated to providing the highest quality data driven insights and modeling.
This is a hands-on job for someone who has the ability to work with a variety of stakeholders and ensure that the data used to drive business decisions is accurate, timely and accessible. The job requires technical chops and effective communication and problem solving skills.
What You’ll Do
- Study and understand the business processes and data needs for TripAdvisor Flights & Rental Cars, for example, ecommerce website development, suppliers, content management, and traffic acquisition.
- Translate business questions and requirements for new product features into technical specifications for web tagging. Effectively communicate to stakeholders, serve as a point of contact during engineering development, and lead testing and QA efforts.
- Support, write specifications, and use SQL based tools to add improvements to the data infrastructure, composed of web clickstream and api feeds, data tables and pipelines, ETL processes, and reporting.
- Support processes for capturing and maintaining metadata. Recommend ways to reduce manual work and recover efficiency.
- Create and execute plans for data validation and QA and automated anomaly detection. Ensure that data utilized by analytics and data science stakeholders is accurate and fresh.
- Maintain written documentation and ensure it is continually accurate and up-to-date.
- Assist with ad hoc queries and provide analytical support to our fast-growing businesses.
- 0-3 years of experience in an analyst role (ideal backgrounds include a similar analyst role at a web company, a data-based consulting role, or other data strategy type positions).
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in an analytical field (math, economics, engineering, statistics, etc), Master’s Degree a plus.
- Excellent research, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate business needs. Strong listening skills (important for communicating to technical and nontechnical team members).
- Solid database management knowledge and outstanding SQL skills, both querying as well as data exploration.
Apply before 4 November 2021
$40000 - $50000
4 years or more